International rollout of BBC iPlayer Radio app
The BBC has launched an international BBC iPlayer Radio app in the Republic of Ireland, the first stage of its global roll-out.
Available in the UK since 2012, the free BBC iPlayer Radio app will transform access to BBC Radio programmes internationally, making it easier for audiences around the world to listen to a variety of BBC radio stations, including BBC World Service English, on their devices wherever they are.
BBC World Service in English, which has a global audience of 66m, will automatically display on a touchscreen dial when users outside the UK open the app for the first time. Users can simply spin the dial to access more BBC Radio stations and discover more world-class content which includes news, music, drama, comedy.
As well as access to live radio programmes from the World Service and radio stations across the UK, users around the world with the app can:
- Catch up or listen again to their favourite BBC Radio programmes
- Download podcasts to enjoy anywhere, even when offline
- Browse and listen to carefully curated BBC Radio highlights and collections
- View daily schedules and categories quickly and easily
- Discover audio and video clips, including many live performances
- See what tracks are playing on air as well as track lists for on-demand programmes
- Wake up to and doze off to BBC Radio with a built-in alarm clock and night mode
… read on at advanced-television.com
Originally posted at Advanced Television
8th July 2016